Jazz in Polish Cinema
A 4-CD box set of remastered original soundtracks by Krzysztof Komeda & Andrzej Trzaskowski including previously unissued and rare recordings remastered to the highest quality by a jazz specialist engineer direct from the original analogue tapes and featuring rare and unissued tracks from musicians such as Tomasz Stańko, Don Cherry and Michał Urbaniak (plus rare additional versions of key tracks)
- Innocent sorcerers (niewinni czarodzieje)
- Night train (pociąg)
- Knife in the water (nóz w wodzie)
- Opening tomorrow (jutro premiera)
- The penguin (pingwin)
- The accident (kraksa)
- Jazz camping
- Two men and a wardrobe (dwaj ludzie z szafą)
- Walkover (walkower)
- Le départ
A deluxe, in-depth, illustrated 80-page bound booklet written by the set’s producer and curator and Jazzwise magazine writer Selwyn Harris with an introduction by the acclaimed Polish jazz writer Adam Sławinski.
French New Wave
With every purchase we will give you Beat, Square & Cool (Vol.2) & Film Noir (Vol.1) in Digital Download absolutely FREE. All boxes Includes 60-page booklet pdf
Collected together here for the first time in a specially themed 5-CD box set are seven of the essential jazz film scores recorded in the revolutionary New Wave era of French cinema between the late 1950s and early 1960s.
- No Sun in Venice (Modern Jazz Quartet)
- Lift to the Scaffold (Miles Davis)
- Les Liaisons Dangereuses/ Des Femmes Dispairaissent (Art Blakey & the Jazz Messengers)
- Breathless (Martial Solal)
- Un Temoin Dans La Ville (Barney Wilen)
- Eva (Michel Legrand)
This deluxe box set package includes a 60 page booklet with extensive, in-depth sleeve notes by the producer/compiler of the set, Jazzwise magazine writer Selwyn Harris with editorial consultancy by the esteemed critic, author and broadcaster Brian Priestley.
The high quality, professional remastering of the original recordings is by a specialist in the jazz field.